cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Down Interfaces Resource Filtering

Jump to solution

I'm trying to use the Down Interfaces resource as a way to show which CircuitIDs are down because I have most interface descriptions configured with the CID. However when I try to apply a filter to remove Ethernet interfaces and nodes which are up but their interfaces are unknown, I receive the message 'Custom SQL filter is incorrectly formatted.'

My query is: InterfaceTypeDescription NOT Like '*Ethernet*' And Status != 'Unknown'

If I leave just the InterfaceTypeDescription and take off the Status part, it works fine. Something is wrong with my Status query. Any ideas?

1 Solution

The problem you are having may be related to the fact that there are multiple tables in the database with a field named status.  That means you need to specify which table you are referring to in your filter.  Try something like this: 

InterfaceTypeDescription NOT Like '*Ethernet*' and interfaces.status <> 0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 9

The Filter Examples shows the following:

Filter the results to only show Nodes that are not UP
Status<>1

The valid status levels are:

0=UNKNOWN(The current up/down status of the Node is unknown)
1 = UP(The Node is responding to PINGs)
2 = DOWN(The Node is not responding)
3 = WARNING(The Node may be responding, but the connection from the server to the Node is dropping packets)

You might try Status<>0

That said, I'm not a SQL person, and I have found these Filter Nodes interfaces to be quite unreliable.  Even when copying their first example in the documentation (Satus<>1), it does not work.  It's at least worth a try in your case.

0 Kudos

Something about the Status part of the query is being rejected for the Down Interfaces resource. I cannot make it work any which way I try to word it Status>0, Status=1, Status!=0. Nothing is working.

0 Kudos

The problem you are having may be related to the fact that there are multiple tables in the database with a field named status.  That means you need to specify which table you are referring to in your filter.  Try something like this: 

InterfaceTypeDescription NOT Like '*Ethernet*' and interfaces.status <> 0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

That got it!

0 Kudos