cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Displaying custom properties in details node view

Jump to solution
Everything displays, only problem is that they are not in the order that I need. I would think putting the columns in the right order in Custom Property Editor would do it, but each time I go back into it the columns go back to the order they were added. Is there a way to change the order in which they are displayed or do I need to add them back in the right order?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Your answer lies within, Grasshopper 😉

Yes, that's what I meant to say... Ordering of columns within the tables... 🙂

All you have to do is right-click on a table from within Enterprise Manager (ex. Nodes), then select "Design Table". From within this view, you can select the column to be moved by clicking on the little box beside a column that you want to move, then simply drag to where you want it.

We use custom proprties quite extensively, and having them in some logical order makes things much easier. 🙂

Oh, and I believe it has to be the Standard or Enterprise version of SQL. If you're simply running the MSDE version on another server, I'm not sure that it has the ability to do this. 😞

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 9
You could add them in the correct order, but there may be an easier way.

If you have SQL Server installed, use SQL Enterprise Manager to rearrange the columns. Without SQL Enterprise Manager, I don't know of an easy way to rearrange database columns.

The only other method is to use a custom written resource to display the values.
0 Kudos

I would like to get a little more clarification on this process, or request if anyone has written any custom resources in the last 2 years.

I currently have a similar problem in which I need to scroll all the way right to see the newest and sometimes most needed custom properties. After lots of fighting with the Thwack search feature (its very lacking) I came across this post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

There are some in the Content Sharing Zone-

0 Kudos
I don’t want to be able to edit the custom properties via the web. Although this may be something I can use in the future. My issue is with the Custom Properties Editor itself. Right now if I have ten custom properties and I add a new one I need to scroll my Custom Properties Editor window all the way to the right to edit or change that property. Then need to scroll all the way back left to see which node or I want to choose to edit next. My request is a way to re-order the columns in the custom properties editor. I know you can move them while you have it open but if you close the editor and reopen it, they will default back to what they were. This post describes going into the SQL Enterprise Manger (if you are using it) and change the order of the columns there. My request was further clarification on this process not being able to edit via web console.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Your answer lies within, Grasshopper 😉

Yes, that's what I meant to say... Ordering of columns within the tables... 🙂

All you have to do is right-click on a table from within Enterprise Manager (ex. Nodes), then select "Design Table". From within this view, you can select the column to be moved by clicking on the little box beside a column that you want to move, then simply drag to where you want it.

We use custom proprties quite extensively, and having them in some logical order makes things much easier. 🙂

Oh, and I believe it has to be the Standard or Enterprise version of SQL. If you're simply running the MSDE version on another server, I'm not sure that it has the ability to do this. 😞

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Fantastic. I will be trying this out sometime this week. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. 

EDIT
This worked great. Much easier now that I can organzie them to match the business importance.

**Side note** Saving changes will not effect any pollers that you have running. (At least in my case)

0 Kudos