This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Displaying custom MIB statistics

I'm new to this and despite reading the relevant instructions in the manual, just can't seem to get a custom mib output into any displayed view.  Could anyone spare me a couple of minutes to explain this?  I have defined the custom MIB (a Checkpoint firewall packets accepted) in the CustomMIB Pollers tool and it tested fine.  Having gone to the Admin -> Manage Views -> Selected a NodeDetail view I can't see anywhere where the MIB appears under any of the resource options when I try to add a new resource.  Anyone?  Please? 

• Hello countdrachma

you were on the right track to add a resource.

Please open the webpage and go to Admin -> Manage Views -> select Node Details. Now you see the Node details setup. Click on the green + and you will find a huge list. Click on the + infront of the Node Charts and it will expand and you can add the Custom Poller Chart. check the box infront of ot and hit submit.

Click done on the main setup page and navigate to your node with the custom poller. Here you will need to edit the custom poller chart view and set it to the desired poller.

I hope this has helped.

Regards

Oliver White 

• There is also a resource called "Custom Poller Status" as well. It is in the Node Detail Reports group when editing a node details view.

• Thanks Oliver, I appreciate the feedback.  It has certainly helped ... to a degree. I now understand where to apply it but under the actual node view, where the Custom Poller Chart now appears, when I go to edit the poller for the resource, nothing appears in the "Select a custom poller" drop down box.  I have correctly configured the custom poller within the NPM System Manager and even restarted the Solarwinds Custom MIB Poller service.  WOuld you have any idea about this?  And thanks again for the initial help.

Regards

• Thanks borgan.  That helps me out too.  Now that I understand where to apply it under the actual node view, I'm still trying to work out why no custom poller appears in the "Select a custom poller" drop down box.  By adding the Custom Poller Status as per your post, I can see that the MIB appears to be polling correctly.  It's just a case of figuring out now why I cant select the custom poller in the drop down box.  Any ideas ?  Appreciate your feedback.

Regards

•  This tutorial walks you through all of the steps www.solarwinds.com/.../OrionCustomPollerSetup.html

including how to verify within the DB if the Custom Poller has been enabled.  Please verify that it is in fact enabled.

• Thanks Mark.  I had the custom MIBs set to only realtime stats rather than realtime and historical.  Once I changed that, the graphs started reporting correctly.  Appreciate your help though.

Cheers