This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Display AWS name on the home page

We have multiple AWS sitting behind a load balancer. We've had a couple of instances where one of the AWS servers stop functioning correctly and needs to be rebooted.  It would be handy if the home page displayed the Name of the AWS server your session is associated with.  Either in the footer or somewhere in the source.  Also, need to find a way to better Health Monitoring at the LB to remove the AWS from the pool

• Most load balancers don't do much more than verifying that there is a port open to connect to on the pool member.  Within Orion you could possibly set up a WPM transaction or a SAM http form login monitor pointed directly at the individual web servers instead of the load balanced dns name, and have that actually authenticate and check the page to make sure the menu bar loads (I find that the menu bar failing to load is one of the more common failure symptoms). Then have an alert action for when that operation fails it could launch a script to disable the IIS service which will usually cause the load balancer to pull the server from the pool.

Definitely other approaches could work, but that's one way, that doesn't require anything too custom.

• Appreciate the quick response. Will take a look at doing so.

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 1:56 PM mesverrum

• One of my environments has 2 AWS behind a LB.

One of them has an issue where the SW information service blows up CPU to 100% and needs a reboot.

What is your issue? Just curious if you have evidence of whats going on with your's.

Thanks

• We've experienced IIS instability and have had to restart the service. In

a previous life I had our developers include the server name associated

with session display in the source code which was very handy with

trouble shooting

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 11:26 AM hpstech

• Yeah, I get it.

My process is I open the IIS logs to see real time hits for our environment - since we don't have 1000 users hitting the Web FE its easy to peek at the IIS logs.

God I miss the Windows version of WebTrends. emoticons_sad.png