Discrepancy in results between older NPM version and 10.4
I have an older version of NPM running where someone set up a useful chart that I'm trying to recreate in our new NPM 10.4 server. I recreated the universal device poller on the new server. In this case it is to monitor the current number of connections per server in a pool on the BigIP F5 load balancer. I matched everything up side by side regarding the poller itself. When I look at the universal device poller summary chart on each server, I get different results. On the new NPM chart, none of the servers have more than 3 connections, on the old chart, which is accurate, they're anywhere from 6-15. The time periods are the same. The polling rate is the same. The chart sample interval is the same. It is not a difference in scale either, meaning one isn't 10x more than the other. I've tried every other type of universal polling chart available to see if I get different results but it is consistently wrong, although I did find a legacy chart that matched the old chart type so I could be sure every setting matched, but the results are wrong.
The older NPM server version is labeled as 2010.1.0.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community.
More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly
contribute to our product development process.
Learn more today by joining now.