This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Disable Multiple interface for 300+ devices.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to disable multiple interfaces for lots of IP address.(300 devices). Currently i need to go to each IP and list the resources and enable the interface marked as MP (managed Port) and disable the others.

300+ devices is causing a lot of time to do this. Is there any other way to disable the interface for all IP's?

Please help.

• Hi reubenjack,

you can easily delete bunch of interfaces from different nodes in Node Management. You just need to change Show: to Interfaces and then you can filter results according your needs. Disabling interface polling is same as deleting interface from NPM.

But if you need to add those MP to NPM first then use Network Discovery on those nodes and you can add all discovered interfaces at once.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Pavel

• Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your response.

Can you please let me know in detail on how to do the above. I have some IP's with 10.242 series and for them all interfaces needs to be monitored and for the rest of the series like 10.252 etc only interfaces marked as MP needs to be monitored.

Now i have all the interfaces enabled and trying to disable the unwanted interfaces. So like you said i changed the Show to interface but then how to proceed. Please guide me. also let me know on network discovery as well.

• Hi reubenjack,

is there any other significant attribute for those interfaces than MP in the name, like interface type? Actually there is not too many options how to filter interfaces, except interface type, but you can use text filtering in the search box.

So I would use the search to select interfaces which should be removed only, marked all of them and delete them. You might repeat this to get all unnecessarry interfaces removed.

Thanks,

Pavel

• On major deletes, I prefer to use SQL manager and delete them via SQL command.  I don't know if there is a downside to that, But I find that to be the easiest way because you have more freedom with filtering via the Where Clause.