cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Description in Group Details is not showing.

Hopefully a simple one here.

We have two separate installs of Soalrwinds. On our primary setup, in the Group Details widget the 'description' (see screenshot below) part of it shows up. However, on the smaller environment it isn't and I can't see how to make it appear and our Tools TA can't recall what was done originally.

Anybody able to advise or suggest?

stuartd_0-1593513433497.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Just as a curiosity, are they both running the same versions of the orion platform?

If you hover over to top where it says group details your browser will show a link with a resourceid=??

You could run this SQL query against each your databases as a quick way to compare if something custom may have been done.  If they both are the same version of Orion and both queries show up as the same file then I guess I'd take a look at the contents of the file to see if you can pick up a difference there.  

select resourcename, resourcefile from resources where resourceid=??

- Marc Netterfield, Github
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

>> Just as a curiosity, are they both running the same versions of the orion platform?

No; on the one it doesn't show is running NPM 12.2 and our main platform is 2019.4 - there are plans in the pipeline to upgrade both to the most recent release.That said, the 2019.4 used to be on NPM 12.2 and I'm sure it showed group descriptions.

>>If you hover over to top where it says group details your browser will show a link with a resourceid=??

One points to 53 and the other 55 but the result of the query is identical:

/Orion/NetPerfMon/Resources/ContainerDetails/ContainerDetails.ascx

I can't find that file on either box in a location like that. Did a serach an dfound a couple in \inetpub\solarwinds\bin but they have a random string of 8 characters.compiled at the end. There's a couple on each box with minor difefrences but nothing that jumps out as being relevant. As each of the files has the same date & time as the others on the same box then I'm presummng they are default ones from install.

0 Kudos
MVP
MVP

In the smaller environment if you edit the group does it have a description configured?

shuth_0-1593525841826.png

Just did a quick test, if there is no description configured the Group Details widget won't show the Description line at all.

That was about the only thought I had but no, in this groups case there is an address there.

0 Kudos

Out of curiousity, what happens if you change the description to something else?
0 Kudos

No change 😞

0 Kudos