This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Dell Kace

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have been trying to locate a SysObjectID for a Dell KACE K1000 Appliance in order to get it out of my "Unknown" Machine Type List.  As you can see in the pic.  A SysObjectID of "0.1" won't get me anywhere.  I did an MIB Walk on the device and basically:

OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 returns

"FreeBSD NGBLAKACE01 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Mon May  3 13:41:38 UTC 2010     build@release.corp.kace.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KBOX1200 amd64"

OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0 returns "0.1"

MIB Walk listed other usefule storage/NIC MIBs that get used within Solarwinds for monitoring, but the "Unknown" Machine Type won't change to anything useful.  I know Dell's MIB range is actually 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.

I also read the other posts regarding manually changing within the DB and it would just get overwritten at the next discovery interval.

Anyone have any advice on updating this to a relevent entry within SolarWinds?

• Orion utilizes sysObjectID OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 and matches its value against built-in database of known SysObjectIDs to get vendor name and machine type, which is then displayed on Node Details page. Your device is returning "0.1", which does not seem to be a valid value for DELL. As Orion is collecting sysObjectID information periodically, as part of node rediscovery, value in DB gets overwritten because it is different than current value provided by device.

I recommend you to contact DELL support to find out if there are any updates or patches for available. Unless SNMP agent reports a valid sysObjectID, Orion won't be able to recognize the device correctly.