cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Congo
Level 10

Deleting interfaces, via Network Discovery?

I am looking to remove a certain interface type across an entire network from monitoring. Network Discovery has a very useful way of importing thousands of single interfaces types at once, does anyone know of a similar method to delete instead?

All suggestions are very welcome. I am looking to avoid doing what I know would work - manual or SQL.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
bshopp Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Deleting interfaces, via Network Discovery?

What version of Orion are you running?  So you just want a method of finding all interfaces of a certain type already within Orion and quickly find them and delete correct?

0 Kudos
Congo
Level 10

I am running 9.1 SP3.
With I am looking to do something simple, such as how network discovery operates. I use a seed file to look at all effected routers, and can see all of the interfaces, I just wish that leaving them unchecked meant that it would remove them.

Thank you for the quick reply!

0 Kudos
bshopp Product Manager
Product Manager

So are these nodes already in Orion and you just want to delete a set of interface from Orion correct?

Have you used web node management?  Go to Admin -> Manage Nodes -> in the top there is a drop down and select interfaces and then you can click on the column header "type" and filter by interface type.  Select the interfaces you wish to remove from Orion and hit delete.

Let me know if this does not get you what you need

0 Kudos
Congo
Level 10

I tried this, and it works for some routers. Great idea!

However, when I attempt this on a router that has quite a few interfaces (a few thousand) it doesn't even try. I get this:

SELECT 'I' as Type, I.InterfaceID as ID, I.StatusLED, I.Caption, I.Index, I.Name FROM Orion.Interfaces I WHERE I.NodeID=1676 UNION (SELECT 'V' as Type, V.VolumeID, V.Icon as StatusLED, V.Caption, 0 AS Index, '' AS Name FROM Orion.Volumes V WHERE V.NodeID=1676)
There was an error processing the request.

about a second into it trying. Ive always known that Orion would have problems with a few of our larger routers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Congo
Level 10

Bumping this back up. Any ideas Brandon?

Or has anyone else had this issue?

0 Kudos
ElisabethZakes
Level 13

I recommend you open a support ticket for this, and reference this thread.

0 Kudos
Congo
Level 10

I was in the process of opening a ticket, and went back to attempt this again and screenshot the error...however it worked as intended!

I did updates to SP4 yesterday, so not sure if that did it...but this is no longer an issue!

0 Kudos