cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Deleted VLANs showing up in events with error message

Jump to solution

Only found 1 prior post with ifDescription but it didn't relate to this.  Even googling didn't help.  I'm getting errant messages from my two big sites' core switches [45xx] and one router [2851]

The Orion NPM events show recurring [yellow] event alarms from my two main sites' core switches.  The alarm starts with the reporting device name, the VLAN name [usually] and the following text [always]:"Interface Polling stopped. Could not remap interface. Check ifDescription change."

The VLAN names don't appear on the switches' configuration or in a "sho vlan" CLI.

Is there a simple cleanup process or is this an indication of something harder, or larger [oy]?

Please, and thanks...Fred

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

Hi flipton,

Are you able to confirm if the deleting of the VLAN is on the physical devices, but not on NPM?

If that is the case, you will have to manually delete them from the Web Console:

9.5: [Admin | Manage Nodes | '+' on the Node to expand the resources beneath it | select the VLANs that were removed, and delete them off]

10.0: [Settings | Manage Nodes | '+' on the Node to expand the resources beneath it | select the VLANs that were removed, and delete them off]

HTH.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 12

Hi flipton,

Are you able to confirm if the deleting of the VLAN is on the physical devices, but not on NPM?

If that is the case, you will have to manually delete them from the Web Console:

9.5: [Admin | Manage Nodes | '+' on the Node to expand the resources beneath it | select the VLANs that were removed, and delete them off]

10.0: [Settings | Manage Nodes | '+' on the Node to expand the resources beneath it | select the VLANs that were removed, and delete them off]

HTH.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

very perceptive, dead on and a whole lot easier than deleting/adding the node [with over 300 interfaces].

thnx!...F

0 Kudos

Glad that helps 😉

0 Kudos