This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Delayed Emails Using NPM 12.5

I am experiencing strange issues with my alerting emails. Polling with ICMP only, I am using the built-in "Email me when NODE goes down" alert with the reset of "When NODE is equal to UP."

At first it seemed at random whether or not I would receive an up or down email for any node; However, after looking more closely at the alert timestamps that come with the emails, I noticed that every DOWN and UP email is being sent, but that occasionally they are just taking a few days to deliver.

That is why I thought that some weren't coming through. I would just get random DOWN or UP emails without the other.

Is there anyone here with previous experience with this issue, or a good idea on why this is happening so that I can get this corrected?

Thank you!

• Feels like your mail server queue is jammed up?

You can click on the alert details view to see the history of alert actions and see the timestamps for when Orion says it send the message.  If there was some kind of failure or error they show up there as well.  If you aren't actually receiving the message within a few moments of whatever timestamp Orion sent it then thats a fairly clear indicator that the mail server sat on it for whatever reason.

• Alright, so the issue has been resolved. Turns out the alert itself was just corrupted somehow.

I turned it off built a new alert with the exact same specs and it works perfectly now.

If anyone is having similar issues, I'd recommend giving this a try to see if it's just a bad "Out-Of-The-Box" alert.