cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marnell
Level 11

Decomission

Jump to solution

Has anyone implemented a way to decommission devices within Orion to keep a record of the node but not get alerts?

Would muting the alert and creating a custom property with a drop down (Active- Decommissioned) work?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
i_like_eggs
Level 13

Re: Decomission

Jump to solution

Hi,

you should un-mange the node for a 1000 years

if you mute the device with a custom property even when the node goes down solarwinds does a rapid polling regardless of custom propety value.you can read more here on thsi rapid polling:

Success Center

marnell
Level 11

Jump to solution

So I created 2 custom properties.

Decommissioned: (drop down menu yes/no)

Decommissioned_Date: (Date calendar algorithm)

Add this work while putting the node in an unmanaged stated. The only issue I am having is using the event type to get a report that will show node unmanaged/decommissions for the past Xdays. I used the event type in another report which allowed me to arrange by past days/weeks/months. I want to do this with the process for historic information.

pastedImage_1.pngworks but does not all the event time be an option to set a time frame for reports

pastedImage_0.pngUsing this gives me duplicates of the same device so I can use this

0 Kudos
i_like_eggs
Level 13

Jump to solution

HI,

if you are looking for some type of report, here is a 'Custom Query resourse' widget query;

Report on Muted and Unmanaged Entities

is that what you are looking for?

0 Kudos
i_like_eggs
Level 13

Jump to solution

hi,

if it helps, you could use the 'Node/Unmanage From' column and 'Add display settings' then select 'Days Ago'.

pastedImage_0.png

output:

pastedImage_1.png

marnell
Level 11

Jump to solution

Is there a way to get the date option to be available on this screen?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
i_like_eggs
Level 13

Jump to solution

HI,

sure, you just need to toggle the 'Time-based settings' to 'Yes' this will then give you the desired output once you 'submit'

pastedImage_1.png

marnell
Level 11

Jump to solution

thanks this helped alot

0 Kudos
i_like_eggs
Level 13

Jump to solution

no prob