This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Date & time format issues

Hi all,

Having a quick search of the forums around this issue, I've reviewed this - Re: How do I change date/time format for Orion NPM Web Console? & while the settings on both my local machine/s & Orion server are set to GMT / UK etc... the date within the web console continues to display in American format (so mm/dd/yyyy instead of what I'd like to see dd/mm/yyyy)

Any clues as to what else I can perhaps check to make this 'tweak' would be gratefully received

If I can offer further info around this or provide screenshots etc, please let me know.

Thanks, Daniel

• According to your linked Thwack thread, you would change this setting on the computer that you use to access the Web Console not on the server. In Windows, can find this through Control Panel > Region and Language. You will want to change the "Long date" format under the "Formats" tab.

• Hi joe.tran

Thanks for the response, guess I'd not been all that clear in my original post.

I've checked that the date/time formats on my local machine ( as well as the server ) are set as I require them - As I've got the region as English (United Kingdom) this (as you no doubt know) defaults this to the 'correct' format (for me).

Yet... when I use the various reports/screens etc within Solarwinds, it persists to be in the USA format (which as everyone know's is completely wrong anyhow lol) <--- ** attempted humour alert **

It's not a deal breaker by any stretch, just one of those things that would be nice to have 'just so' ... If anyone has any other thoughts on what else could be checked, I'd be keen to hear them.

Thanks again Joe for replying emoticons_happy.png

• Ah, I see.

Do other users and other browsers have the same issue as well? Is it still in the American format in a browser on the Orion server?

• Hi joe.tran

Yes, I've checked with other users & it's a mix - some get the date in the UK format (dd/mm/yyyy) & some get the American format (mm/dd/yyyy)

On the Orion server itself, while local regional settings are set correctly to the UK English (with date/time formats as to be expected) when browsing the site from the server, again it shows as American format...

• Can some expert provide any feedback for this problem? We are having the same issue in our report, when we export any excel report, it shows the time in MM/DD?YYYY format even if we change it to DD/MM/YYYY in custom format under dispaly setting of DateTime format.

• I had this on my machine, all regional settings looked ok and server also looked ok, I even had another profile on my machine which displayed correctly but my main profile did not....

to fix this for me, I changed the following string registry key AcceptLanguage from en-US to en-UK, this is located at [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International]

this fixed it for me, if I toggled back to en-US it went back to US format, changed back to en-UK went to UK.  I checked the key for my profile which worked anyhow and this did not even have this key....so it seems with no key it will use machine default, with the key it will use what is dictated by key.

Give this a go.

Good luck

Ryan

• Was this ever resolved? If so what was the fix as I have the same issue