cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Database maintenance bug?

When I change the database maintenance settings (admin/poller settings) I get the following error:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'NetPerfMonService.Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{E22ABE9C-0DFF-4CAF-AE86-410243A456DE}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Anyone else have this problem? NPM 9.5

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 9

Hi, the root cause of this exception is that Interop.NetPerfMonService.dll contains GUID reference to interface NetPerfMonService.Application which simply doesn't exist. Actually it does but with another GUID.

I know two most sure ways how to solve it:

1. remove all dlls in %programfiles%\Solarwinds\Orion and then do repair (then you will have to install all SPs) 
  2. or reinstall orion (uninstall to remove all dll from installation folder and then install it back)

Hope, it helps.

btw. could you tell me if you installed release version over evalution version of Orion?

0 Kudos

Hi, and thanks.

I had an evaluation version set up. I don't recall exactly the steps I took. I originally assumed I would just be licensing it, before I discovered I had to re-install. 

I am not looking forward to either of those options. I had a difficult time installing the service packs with several support calls and eventually having to manually register some dll's.

This is on W2K8 and I have a feeling that the setup process does not quite work as documented.

The odd thing is that the new values for database settings are being displayed after I changed them. So whether this error means the settings have not been set, or they are set despite the error, I don't know.

0 Kudos
Level 10

You should open a support ticket for this issue.

0 Kudos