cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Database configuration failed after clean install of latest 2020.2.1 HF2

Jump to solution

We were running 2020.2 HF1 and I decided to make a clean install of latest 2020.2.1 HF2 with Solarwinds-Orion-NPM-2020.2.1-OfflineInstaller.iso

1232131231231.JPG

So I made complete uninstall with this iso and run installation process.
Installation successfuly finished, but conf.manager failed:

Database configuration failed:
• Exception while configuring plugin Orion Core Services component Orion Database. Invalid object name 'dbo.Cortex_CS_Orion_ApiPoller_ApiPoller_Metrics'.
Invalid object name 'dbo.Ctx_C_Orion_ApiPoller_ApiPoller'.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Support is silent, our systems are down for several hours #00683227

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
Level 11

Guys, you can refer to the ticket #00677092 when requesting for tech.support, we finally beat this issue.
The problem was about differences in DB structure between old and new version of Solarwinds.
So tech.engineer performed these two queries:

APIPollerMigrationFix - before running conf.manager
CleanUp - after

Please pay attention on the header of scripts.

-- Scripts are not supported under any SolarWinds support program or service. 
-- Scripts are provided AS IS without warranty of any kind. SolarWinds further 
-- disclaims all warranties including, without limitation, any implied warranties 
-- of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. The risk arising 
-- out of the use or performance of the scripts and documentation stays with you. 
-- In no event shall SolarWinds or anyone else involved in the creation, 
-- production, or delivery of the scripts be liable for any damages whatsoever 
-- (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business 
-- interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising 
-- out of the use of or inability to use the scripts or documentation.

Your problem can be caused by something other. Please don't forget about backups.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Level 8

Was this an install on the same server or new server? We are looking to spin up a new server and install 2020HF2 and are looking for guidance.

0 Kudos
Level 11

Guys, you can refer to the ticket #00677092 when requesting for tech.support, we finally beat this issue.
The problem was about differences in DB structure between old and new version of Solarwinds.
So tech.engineer performed these two queries:

APIPollerMigrationFix - before running conf.manager
CleanUp - after

Please pay attention on the header of scripts.

-- Scripts are not supported under any SolarWinds support program or service. 
-- Scripts are provided AS IS without warranty of any kind. SolarWinds further 
-- disclaims all warranties including, without limitation, any implied warranties 
-- of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. The risk arising 
-- out of the use or performance of the scripts and documentation stays with you. 
-- In no event shall SolarWinds or anyone else involved in the creation, 
-- production, or delivery of the scripts be liable for any damages whatsoever 
-- (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business 
-- interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising 
-- out of the use of or inability to use the scripts or documentation.

Your problem can be caused by something other. Please don't forget about backups.

View solution in original post

You are the real MVP for posting this... fixed my issue! Support still has not picked up my ticket.

Hi We are also upgrading to 2020.2.1 HF2 but Configuration wizard failed with  Error while executing script- Invalid object name 'sys.database_mirroring'. Need help on this please .

0 Kudos
Level 10

We also have configuration failed. Attempting to run again now.

we got error while executing script dbm_aggrigateData_part: dbm_aggrigateTimeSerie_part: alter table switch statement failed because column 'AvgIOPSTotal' at ordinal 3 in table

0 Kudos

Similar error here, re-running the Configuration Wizard fixed it.

0 Kudos

Also got this error, ": ALTER TABLE SWITCH statement failed because column 'AvgIOPSTotal' at ordinal 3 in table '". 

A re-run of the configuration wizard worked.

0 Kudos

Got the same error:
ALTER TABLE SWITCH statement failed because column 'AvgIOPSTotal' at ordinal 3 in table 'SolarWindsOrion.dbo.VIM_VirtualMachineDisksStatistics_CS_Hourly_stg' has a different name than the column 'MinIOPSTotal' at the same ordinal in table 'SolarWindsOrion.dbo.VIM_VirtualMachineDisksStatistics_CS_Hourly_hist

0 Kudos

A second go at the configuration wizard has worked!! not sure what or why.

Same for me, second time I ran the conf wizard it worked.

And that working brought the centralised upgrade function back online so I didnt have to do the APE manually too 🙂 Would have been a lot easier today if the centralised upgrade had of been working from the start.

Shame the manual installer didn't to the ACM upgrade to 2020.2.2. which was also released yesterday. Another upgrade is now going but this time using the browser for a centralised upgrade. Been a long day.

0 Kudos