Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Customizing Top 10 Interfaces by Percent Utilization

Jump to solution

Hello,

I understand that SolarWinds adds the transmit and receive percentages to display the Top 10 or Top XX. Is there a way to customize the Top 10 Interfaces by Percent Utilization by showing transmit percentage in one view and the receive percentages in another view to display a more accurate traffic status?

1 Solution

these are the customized report writer reports and the node are also customized by custom properties. starting steps are time consuming...(report creation)

but then for putting that report on dashboard you have follow the below steps..

1) on the right corner of page, customize page

2)  click +

pastedImage_0.png

3)

pastedImage_1.png

4) bottom of page click add resource and click Done.

5) then on that resources click on configure this resource

pastedImage_0.png.

6) select the report that you want to view on that page.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Level 10

Hi Grimey,

the main concern is what you want on your custom traffic table. I have created the same type of custom resources for my dashboard, my requirements are those interface on which your internet or mpls link is terminated because you don't want to fetch the traffic report from the LAN interfaces. So what i did, i just create custom properties on the each main interfaces and fill them by INTERNET or WAN. after that i created a report through report writer for traffic utilization and put that report as a resource on dashboard and here's the result... my boss love it ....

pastedImage_0.png

Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of those templates and show me how to put that report as a resource I can use on my dashboard. I'm fairly new to SolarWinds and I'm learning as I go.

0 Kudos

That's the exact same thing I told you to do but I even made the report the way you wanted it TX separate from RX.

Yes, you were both right. I didn't ignore your post. I'm actually playing with the template you gave me to try to emulate the way his looks. I want to be able to not show the interfaces and just go by the Node's MPLS or Internet circuit.

0 Kudos

these are the customized report writer reports and the node are also customized by custom properties. starting steps are time consuming...(report creation)

but then for putting that report on dashboard you have follow the below steps..

1) on the right corner of page, customize page

2)  click +

pastedImage_0.png

3)

pastedImage_1.png

4) bottom of page click add resource and click Done.

5) then on that resources click on configure this resource

pastedImage_0.png.

6) select the report that you want to view on that page.

View solution in original post

Level 20

There may be a way to do it with a filter but you could also easily do it with a report sorting descending on the OutPercentUtil in one and then InPercentUtil in the other.  You can use the limit to limit it to top how every many you want for each.  This way with report you could even limit it to certain groups of devices or really whatever you want.  I think the way it does it on network top 10 is actually top ten with In and Out Percent Util added together but with reports you can make it whatever you want it to be.  Then in addition you can add that little report as resource to any page in NPM you want.

I'm not looking to generate a report. I'm trying to display these Top 10 items in NOC mode to show our technicians/admins an instant status on which interfaces that are congested.

0 Kudos

I uploaded a transmit and receive report example for you Grimey:

Interface Utililzation Receive Top10.OrionReport

Interface Utililzation Transmit Top10.OrionReport

These may get you a start you can customize it further and put these anywhere you want in NPM.