cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Custom report to pull power supply SN's from Cisco Devices

We're working on trying to get a list of the PSU SN's from our Cisco devices, and we want to see if reporting can pull this info from the devices.

Does anyone know if this can be done/has been done before?  I've already got a good report for the chassis PSU, but trying to get one for the PSU Sn's

specifically, looking to do this to the 2960x series. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Is the data for the PSU's available via Universal Device Pollers? If it is, you can set those pollers up and set them to only poll like once an hour or even less since the SN rarely if ever changes. Once you have the UnDP set up you can add it to a report or a Node Details view with relatively simple queries, provided the UnDPs are able to poll the OIDs for that info.

Let me know how the process goes or if there's anything I can do to help.

Nathan Hejnicki

Loop1

Hey Nathan!

Actually yes it is;  After your post, I went in (and taught myself along with some great help docs) about building a custom UnDP poller.  I have the poller working, and I can see the info on the device status pages for the ones I specified it for.   However, I'm having problem locating where the UnDP poller is located, so I can add it into a custom report.

0 Kudos

if from the report you hit edit which is next to the 'from ----device--  with edit at the side of it

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

you can select it from in there where it says select field

0 Kudos

I'm trying to find how to add this, but I cannot locate the custom UnDP poller I created is located in the options here... it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.

0 Kudos

is this what you are doing? Searching for the unique name?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

Actually what I'm trying to do (if possible) is take this new data and add it into a report table, like this:

pastedImage_0.png

I have the dynamic query builder set to screen out for certain criteria already:

pastedImage_1.png

What I want, if it's possible, is to add this custom field into the top table layout, so it will display the PSU serial numbers along with the output from the rest of the report (which does work perfectly).

indeed and then

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

So the problem is that the report building needs you to specify the most specific object as the type of object you want to report on.  If you pick custom undp poller then you will also have access to all the properties of the parent node, but if you start at a node report you can't get into the more granular stuff.  This limitation mostly just has to do with the way sql deals with the table joins as doing it any other way tends to make the reports insane with duplicate rows.

Anyway do like the above example, make the object a custom node poller and then you just select those same columns you already had for caption ip etc.

- Marc Netterfield, Github
0 Kudos