This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom "Top 10 Interfaces by Percent Utilization"

Hi all,

I`m new to Solarwinds NPM.

I have a question. I’ve  been looking here for a while now but my question is not easily found.
Under the “Network” tab is have a view “Network top 10”
One of the sources is “Top 10 Interfaces by Percent Utilization” Now I want to change the value to from 10 to 3 or 4.

Where can I create a new or change the existing sources.

I hope that someone can help me.

Thanks is advance.
Greeting Bavo

Orion Platform 2014.2.1, QoE 1.0, NPM 11.0.1, IVIM 1.10.0

• Select EDIT in top right corner of "Top 10 Interfaces by Percent Utilization" resource and on edit page change "Maximum Number of Interfaces to Display".

To add new resources select "Customize Page" in top right corner of the view.

If you don't see EDIT on resource and "Customize Page" on view, it's because you don't have assigned proper rights - "Allow Account to Customize Views".

• Hi JiriPsota,

Thanks for helping.

How easy can it be :-) Was looking yesterday the hole day.

But now I see some difference. First is looked at the permissions.
    “allow account to Customize vieuws” is set to Yes.

On the “Network” tab and the “Network top 10” view shows indeed the edit button.
    But on the “Home” tab and “Summary” view it is not showing the edit button. It only shows the help button.  All the other resources shows the edit button but not the “Top 10 Interfaces by Percent Utilization”

Can I somehow change the “Summary” top 10 as swell?

Thanks in advanced

• You are right. You have two different resources:

- "Top 10 Interfaces ...." on Home->Summary page  - this one can not be edited

- "Top XX Interfaces ..." on Network Top 10  - this one is editable

Select "Customize page" and search for Top XX  resources. There is more pages with results, make sure you select "Top XX Interfaces..." resource.

• I have to ask a stupid question, what is the percent utilization of?  I have one that says 15%, 15% percent of what?