Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Custom poller displayed for a node that it is not assigned to

Jump to solution

Greetings,

I have created some custom pollers for my APC SmartUPS that display UPS information.

I have assigned the pollers only to my UPS's (Vital Stats tab), however I see the poller applied to my switches as well.

UPS Poller on switch.JPG

I have checked that the poller is NOT applied to the nodes that are switches, only UPS nodes

UPS_Batt_Cap.JPG

UPS_Runtime.JPG

Help, I do not want to delete and re-create the poller

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 17

Edit the resource and make sure the auto-hide is set to yes.  It may not be that the poller is showing because the system thinks it's assigned, but rather that the most recent poller assigned to those resources on the view was that poller, and with auto-hide set to no, it will show on any node that uses the same underlying view.

Regards,

Matthew Harvey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 17

Edit the resource and make sure the auto-hide is set to yes.  It may not be that the poller is showing because the system thinks it's assigned, but rather that the most recent poller assigned to those resources on the view was that poller, and with auto-hide set to no, it will show on any node that uses the same underlying view.

Regards,

Matthew Harvey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

thank you mharvey, that worked.

the Auto hide was kinda lost in the clutter of the edit resource page

auto-hide.JPG

0 Kudos

Yeah, it can definitely be a pain to find, but it's a very useful option to use.  It will ensure that the chart doesn't inadvertently show up if there is no poller assigned to the node.  Glad to be able to lend a hand.

0 Kudos