This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Widget Question

I'm trying to create a custom widget to chart the total throughput of a given device. I'm combining all of the total in bps and total out bps on all of the interfaces on a given device to get a single total throughput number.

The SQL query for this info is easy enough to get, but my problem is in the implementation.

I can create a custom data sources in an custom widget and feed it my SQL query, but I need it to only calculate this info on the node you are looking at.

My question here is...

Does anyone know how I can grab the node id of any given node, and feed that into the SQL query so it charts the info for that specific node? (i.e. WHERE NodeID='X')

I'd like to have this custom widget on the summary page of every node I have, but I can't figure out how to pass the current node id into the custom data source SQL query.