This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Universal Device Poller - Display results as text/table etc.

Hi, we have recently bought our NPM and I am very happy with it (mainly Cisco environment). 

Now I would like to add a few additional non Cisco devices for which I have to create custom pollers. E.g. I've tried to display the power supply status of one of you multiplexers (mibs for vendor Microsens are available in NPM).

Therefore, I created a Universal Poller to poll the hardware status of the PS (1.3.6.1.4.1.3181.10.6.1.31.100)

hardwarePowerSupply1Status

"Displays state of primary supply or only supply for single supply systems."

Raw Values, Enumeration, Map Values (0 - OK, 1 - overload, etc.)

(I have also tried "text" or other formats without success, btw)

To display the results on the web page I configure "Web Display" but the only options there to choose are "Chart" or "Gauge". How can I display the results (OK, NOK, etc.) of the PS status as text (e.g. in the node details) or as table or in any other readable format for such results? Chart or Gauge for Status or Text results do not really make sense, in my opinion.

Thanks

Ethan