This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Summary to include Multiple Link Charts Only.

Hi

I only upgraded to v10.1 at the weekend and found the Multiple Link Charts very useful. I'd like to create a page where i can host a number of these charts so we can see one page for all our Core Links.

There was an option at the top of the Menu called Custom Summary, which looked like exaclty what i was after. I started to customize the page to have about 8 of those Multiple Link Charts, but as soon as i hit submit its change the Custom Summary to be my Default Summary Page and i can't edit it any more without changing the default summary page which i do not want to do.

Anyone got any tips as to how i can create a new custom page to view just these charts without losing my Summary Home page?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

• That is odd, it should not do that.  If you go in and edit your account, what is your Summary Home page set to be there?

• In my Summary Home Page it is set to Network Summary Home which is a personalised page i created for my team.

Interestingly last night the Configuration Wizard was run again to fix another issue and when i looked at Custom Summary it had gone back to edit.  However once i tried to Customize the page and clicked done it again defaulted the Custom Summary page to my Summary Home Page.

Very strange

• Anyone got any tips as to how i can create a new custom page to view just these charts without losing my Summary Home page?

create a new view with a bunch of custom resources added to it.  then link your resources (multiple link charts) accordingly.

• Someone has suggested to me instead of using the Custom Summary that i have been trying to use (which doesn't seem to work for me) to use Views instead and add it as a tab under the Menu Bars.

Under Admin (Settings), click Manage Views and Add a New View, name it and select Summary as the type of view. Select the Resources you require and any limitations you may want.  Click Preview and if you are happy with how it looks take a copy of the URL of the Preview Page as you will need this later and Click Done

Then go to Admin (Settings) again and under Customize click Customize Menu Bars and either Create a New Menu Bar if you wish or edit an existing one.

When in the Menu Bar edit screen, click Add at the Bottom of the page to add an new Item. Input a Name and paste the URL that you previously saved. Enter a description if you like and either tick or untick the Open in New Window box, whichever is prefered, then Click OK.  Then drag the New Item you created from the Available Items list on the left into the Selected Items list and click submit

If you have edited an existing Menu Bar go to the tab at the top of the screen and open the Item you just created and the New Summary View should be visible.  If its a New Menu bar that you created you will need to add it to your account to view it. 

This works for me. If there is an easier way to do this i am happy to be advised how to cut corners.