This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Shortcuts page

Would it be possible to create a shortcut page? By that I mean a page with all monitored nodes (or ones that have a certain flag) to be displayed with the Web, SSH, Telnet, Ping Traceroute and RDP shortcuts??

So basically 3 columns,

1. Status indicator (Red, Green, Yellow dot)

2. Node Name

3. The shortcuts

Thanks

• Goto Settings-->Add new view.Give the name of new view and select 'Node Details' for 'Type of view'.Then submit it.

Now you would be in the customize page.Go ahead and select the + sign.Under 'Node list-...',select 'All Nodes- Tree(AJAX)'.Then submit.Before you select 'Done' in customize window.Select 'Preview' option and copy the URL.Later you can select 'Done'.

Immediately after done,select the 'Settings' option on the top right corner.Look for 'Customize Menu bars' and select it.On the left pane you should see your new view listed.Drag that to the right pane.Then your new view name on right pane should have an 'edit' option,select and paste the URL accordingly.

Now you should be good to go.Looks like there needs to be some effort to do this.Let us know your progress.

• That gives me status and Node name, but does not put the shortcuts for Web, Telnet, SSH, Ping Traceroute, and RDP next to each node.  That's really what I am looking for.

• This works for me.So could you provide answers to the following question.

What is the suite setup with version?

Are trying this using Admin account with no limitations on it?

• Yes, I am using an account with no limitations.  I see the shortcut bar on each individual page, but cannot for the life of me get that same bar next to a full list of devices.

Version Info

SolarWinds Orion Core 2011.1.1, APM 4.0.2 SP4, IPAM 2.0, NCM 6.0, NPM 10.1.3, UDT 1.0.0, IVIM 1.1.2 Copyright 1995-2011 All Rights Reserved

• On my prior post I was using 10.2 to replicate and it worked straight away.

I then moved on to 10.1.3 and replicated.It worked for me after going to settings and on top right corner selected "Clear Web Cache".

Give it a shot,if it does not work.I would recommend to open a support ticket along with this thwack link to investigate further.Let us know your progress.