cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Custom Report for switch inventory

Hey all, I need to get some numbers off my switches.  Basically I need to know the number of switches I have, and the number of ports being used on the switch.

I have Ciscoworks LMS but it sucks and you can't get anything out of it.  Does anyone know how to make a custom report in Orion to get this info?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Basically I need to know the number of switches I have, and the number of ports being used on the switch.

How are you determining if a port is being used or not? By link status or by interface counters?

0 Kudos

Just by link would be fine for now. Still no clue how to do it.

0 Kudos

it appears if you don't have every interface selected in your node's RESOURCES LIST within Orion System Manager then it doesn't get counted.

but here's what I tried and got a count (i'm not sure you can get only switches, unless maybe your node naming scheme was in line for switches then it could be used for the filter)

SELECT
Nodes.Caption AS NodeName, Nodes.MachineType AS Machine_Type, COUNT(Interfaces.InterfaceIndex) AS COUNT_of_Interface_Index
 FROM
Nodes INNER JOIN Interfaces ON (Nodes.NodeID = Interfaces.NodeID)
 WHERE 
(
  (Interfaces.AdminStatus = 0) OR
  (Interfaces.AdminStatus = 1) OR
  (Interfaces.AdminStatus = 2) OR
  (Interfaces.AdminStatus = 3) OR
  (Interfaces.AdminStatus = 4) OR
  (Interfaces.AdminStatus = 5)
)

GROUP BY Nodes.Caption, Nodes.MachineType
 ORDER BY 3 DESC

0 Kudos

Thanks.  I'm not too sure how to get this into Orion working though?  How do you make it a report?

0 Kudos

Ok i got the report but it's giving me the total number of interfaces.  I want to know how many interfaces are UP or being used at the time.

0 Kudos

Modify lchance's SQL query from

WHERE

(

(Interfaces.AdminStatus = 0) OR

(Interfaces.AdminStatus = 1) OR

(Interfaces.AdminStatus = 2) OR

(Interfaces.AdminStatus = 3) OR

(Interfaces.AdminStatus = 4) OR

(Interfaces.AdminStatus = 5)

)

to

WHERE

Interfaces.Status = '1'
0 Kudos

When prompted which type of report to create, you'll want to select "Advanced SQL"
0 Kudos