cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Custom Property multi-editor

Jump to solution

Ok, So i have 2000+ servers that I'm Feeding through one at a time. im clicking edit node on every single one to change some custom inventory properties.

is there a way i can bring up a group of servers and just fill in the blanks instead of clicking edit custom properties on every single server?

BTW every node has different properties, so i cant just select them in the masses and mark them with the same thing.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 13

Hello,

Please try settings -> Manage custom properties -> pick some Custom property -> View/ Edit values -> filter nodes with group by or search -> select all nodes which needs to change custom properties -> Edit multiple values -> write down your value your custom properties.

2013-12-02 21_50_44-Custom Property Editor.png

Is that enough for you?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Level 9

Another option to bring up a sort of Excel table is to go to Manage Nodes, Then select the "Custom Property Editor" button.  This will bring up a table of all nodes and custom fields.  You can then go through and add all the data.  Save often!

0 Kudos
Level 13

Hello,

Please try settings -> Manage custom properties -> pick some Custom property -> View/ Edit values -> filter nodes with group by or search -> select all nodes which needs to change custom properties -> Edit multiple values -> write down your value your custom properties.

2013-12-02 21_50_44-Custom Property Editor.png

Is that enough for you?

View solution in original post

Can you search for objects that have a blank/null for the custom property? I'm adding systems in large batches, and going behind and filling in the customer properties at the end of each day. I have hundreds of systems that have the values filled in, and a few hundred that I added that day that need the values filled in.

0 Kudos

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos