cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Custom Property (edit Property) in Widget

Jump to solution

I have created a custom property "EXTERNAL_NOC_MONITORED' for only our Routers and been able to enable it to show thought the "Custom Property "Edit"" option.

The problem is that this custom property should show for 1400 Routers, not just this one.

How do I push them all to show this custom property vice changing them 1 at a time?  I thought it would just show up automatically to them all. 

jimmy_mccubbins_0-1608314414486.png

jimmy_mccubbins_1-1608314478044.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 10

@jimmy_mccubbins 

You can update multiple at a time.

Option1: Got to manage nodes, search for the nodes you want to update, and click the box next to each, then select edit properties.
Scroll down to the custom properties section, click the box next to the Value you want to update, then just submit at the bottom.

elkinst_0-1608320595820.png

Option 2: Select Custom Property editor, then search for the nodes on that page ( you will not have the grouping options shown on the Node Management page, that's why I say this is option 2). click on edit multiple values, check the box for the values to update, then save.

elkinst_1-1608320869846.png

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Double check to make sure that you have all of your 1400's using the same view. You can do that through the "Views by Device Type" setting: .../Orion/Admin/ViewsByDeviceType.aspx

0 Kudos
Level 10

@jimmy_mccubbins 

You can update multiple at a time.

Option1: Got to manage nodes, search for the nodes you want to update, and click the box next to each, then select edit properties.
Scroll down to the custom properties section, click the box next to the Value you want to update, then just submit at the bottom.

elkinst_0-1608320595820.png

Option 2: Select Custom Property editor, then search for the nodes on that page ( you will not have the grouping options shown on the Node Management page, that's why I say this is option 2). click on edit multiple values, check the box for the values to update, then save.

elkinst_1-1608320869846.png

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos