This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Property Reserved Words

There is an article that lists all "reserved" key words for custom properties (shown below). The article mentions "The following reserved words may not be used in custom property names". Does this mean I cannot name my custom properties that OR that I cannot use those words at all in any part of my custom property name? In order words, if one of the reserved words is "Category" does not mean I cannot have a custom property named "Device Category". 

The reason I ask is because strangely enough we started having some issues with our VoIP Module and one of the things to check to fix the issue was to make sure we do not have custom properties using a reserve word. We added a custom property called device Category a few days before we started having issues and now we are not sure what to do. We are already using that custom properly for a lot of reports, so we do not want to rename it something else unless we really have no choice.

Article: Success Center

• The restriction only applies to property names that are equal to, not contains because they can jam up the SQL having column names that duplicate existing parts of orion or are the same as SQL functions.  Probably not the cause of your bug.