cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Custom Property Editor Column Width

Is there a way to widen the column widths? Fixed/Non Custom Fields seem to be limited in the size in which you can view(56 Chars). Particularly, Interfaces.FullName.The only workaround I have found is to select a cell and copy to notepad. I am trying to take partial infor from this field and populate a custom field.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Level 14

So since we keep coming back to the elephant in the room, let me state it outright:    WHEN will this be incorporated into the Web frontend? There has been at least one major update of the software and several patches since the request was originally made and it's still not in the Web frontend.

0 Kudos

10.4 beta is running now and moving the custom properties editing is part of it.

0 Kudos
Level 14

We're in need of this as well, especially when dealing with Interfaces!  There is no way to see which interface we're dealing with because the name scrolls past the hard limit of the non-resizable column. When will there be some way to work with this??

0 Kudos

This won't happen on the Win32 app.  They are shelving the app and moving it to the web front end.  I would imagine this is something you will be able to do on the web front end without an issue.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Well Shoot, I hope this is one of those things SW will fix. Thanks
0 Kudos

Wow... here we are, 6 years later, and I have the same problem. Can we please make this column resizable? The divider even allows you to move it -- until you release the mouse button, then it snaps back into place at 56 columns. Ugh!

0 Kudos

Hi Sol--

What version of NPM are you running?

M

0 Kudos

We're running NPM 10.1.1.

0 Kudos

We have the same issues in NPM 10.2.

It is impossible to bulk edit intefaces as the column width is not wide enough to view the full interface names.

This must be such an easy thing to fix yet it still has not been done.....

I am nervous about exporting/importing whilst people have access to the console as it will take a while to do the editing I need and someone could make other changes during that time.

Why have a width restriction on the column????

0 Kudos

i would near guarantee that SW are planning to retire the CPE and roll it into the website...  i would say that when this happens, it will be the end of the product line and it will be time to move on LOL

0 Kudos
Level 15

Hi Mark,

I've run into the same issue.

The only workaround I've come up with, is to either Export the CPE view as a CSV or create a custom report with Report Writer, publish to the web & grab the data off the web page with Excel. If you have dual monitors(sreens), it makes copying & pasting the data from Excel to CPE (running as an RDP session on the Orion server) much easier.

-=Cheers=-
NG
0 Kudos