cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Custom Pollers - Where do I find them on Thwack?

My NPM doesn't have access to SolarWinds Thwack, so we have to manually download things.

I see under manage pollers there is an option to go to Thwack and line up/search for pollers.

Where is that searching? By a Tag? I've done some searching but it isn't leaping out at me.

Hope we are piling them in one area.

JR

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 8

I have the same problem. I would like to allow (through our firewall) the Orion server to reach Thwack community pollers...but I don't know what to allow. I am guessing traffic is HTTPS, but what are the URLs?

0 Kudos
Level 12

jgrobinette050,

If you are looking for shared or already built custom pollers here on Thwack:

>PRODUCT FORUMS

>NPM

>GET THE MOST OUT OF NPM

>>CONTENT EXCHANGE

>CATEGORIES

>>Device Pollers

>>Universal Device Pollers

But TBH, you are able to build your own "Custom Pollers" on your NPM Server by using the Universal Device Poller application found under (default location):

>All Programs

>SolarWinds Orion

>Network Performance Monitor

>Universal Device Poller

The will have a .undp extension if they were shared properly.

Import them into NPM using the Universal Device Poller application under:

>File

>Import Universal Device Poller.

Here is a video posted on Thwack that should give you a headstart:

Create Custom Pollers in SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) - Videos | SolarWinds

Don't forget that if you want to be able to see these values on your NPM website, you need to add them to a view or make a custom view for the specific device you are polling.

Hope this helps!

BSpencer

Thank you.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 9:52 AM, bspencer63 <

0 Kudos

Thanks.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 9:53 AM, bspencer63 <

Level 13

Try "Content Exchange".  If you go to the NPM product section and click "Content Exchange", there are some downloadable pollers there.  I don't know of that is all of the ones available through the Web GUI, but it is a start.

John Handberg
0 Kudos

Thanks!!

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 4:39 PM, John Handberg <

0 Kudos