This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Poller SQL error

I created a custom poller and then added it to a home page view. After editing the source to choose the customer poller the following error is displayed:

SQL Open Error: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'Where'.

Another account I use it shows up fine and I can't find the difference. I am afraid to remove it and re-add to the one that is working.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

EDIT: If I drill down to the device the custom poller applies to, it shows just fine under that device.

Thanks
  • Ok, I have narrowed it down a little. The accounts not working have view limitations set by IP Address Pattern, but I have all our internal networks listed like xx.* or xxx.*

This device's IP falls under one of those networks and so does the machine hosting our SQL DB.
  • Could this possibly be a bug? It doesn't matter how I format a IP address pattern limitation, I still get that error. I tried

*.*
    1*.* or 2*.* all the way to 9*.*

This is the best way for me to limit what accounts see unless there is a way to say allow all except type filter.
  • BakerD

I have this exact same problem and an open ticket with SW support for this going on three + weeks now.

The account with restricted view that has the problem for me is restricted to a list of specific nodes (about 90). I have a custom MIB poller looking at an OID on some cisco gear to show the state of a service running. In the view they are restricted to seeing it shows the same SQL error you posted about.
    My ticket was escalated to level 2 but they have made no progress on the issue.

My suspicion is that since the account has a restriction to only certain nodes, but the SQL query that occurs to display the status on the home page for the cutom poller view doesnt run JUST against the group of restricted nodes but queries against ALL nodes (I may be wrong about that but its my suspicion). Since the restricted account is not allowed to view ALL nodes, the sql query errors out due to the restriction even though the result if the query completed would only display status of a node the account was allowed to see.

I've offered this suggestion to support but so far they have no answers. If you figure this out before they do let me know! But you are not alone on this one emoticons_happy.png
  • quote:Originally posted by clanger

BakerD

I have this exact same problem and an open ticket with SW support for this going on three + weeks now.

The account with restricted view that has the problem for me is restricted to a list of specific nodes (about 90). I have a custom MIB poller looking at an OID on some cisco gear to show the state of a service running. In the view they are restricted to seeing it shows the same SQL error you posted about.
    My ticket was escalated to level 2 but they have made no progress on the issue.

My suspicion is that since the account has a restriction to only certain nodes, but the SQL query that occurs to display the status on the home page for the cutom poller view doesnt run JUST against the group of restricted nodes but queries against ALL nodes (I may be wrong about that but its my suspicion). Since the restricted account is not allowed to view ALL nodes, the sql query errors out due to the restriction even though the result if the query completed would only display status of a node the account was allowed to see.

I've offered this suggestion to support but so far they have no answers. If you figure this out before they do let me know! But you are not alone on this one emoticons_happy.png

I have submitted a case on this too.
  • I got an email (finally this week) from support after a couple weeks of asking - they indicated it will be resolved in the next release :/
  • I opened a case also and they identified it as a "bug". They will let me know when it is fixed. I use the custom mibs to monitor UPS info. For now I just created a new account that everyone uses to check ups status. I made sure only the custom mib page shows and I took off restrictions so I don't get the sql open error.
  • This seems to be fixed in 8.1.0.  At least after I upgraded it now works for me.