Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Custom Poller Atlas

Jump to solution

HI,

I know it wasn't possible a year ago, but I am under the understanding that you can now add labels to Maps in Atlas to show Custom Polling Information. I have sites connected together, and wish to display the current utilization of the connections. I current have all the Custom Polling, Advanced Alerting and Reporting all setup, but having this information on the Map would be be extremely useful.

Regards,

Mick

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 8

We finally got it working. The labelling is done with the Syntax ${CurrentValue}

That works great(ish). The only issue now is that it auto formats the text! If the value is anyway like a date, it show the value as a date.

eg I get a value of 28.02, which is actually 28.02mb. It shows as "28/02/2014 00:00:00" (UK format Date!)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 8

We finally got it working. The labelling is done with the Syntax ${CurrentValue}

That works great(ish). The only issue now is that it auto formats the text! If the value is anyway like a date, it show the value as a date.

eg I get a value of 28.02, which is actually 28.02mb. It shows as "28/02/2014 00:00:00" (UK format Date!)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 8

That's pretty good! I've got the UnDPs on my map now. Is there anyway to make the data appear in the label? I understand that the data woiuldn't update until the map did, but that would be fine.

0 Kudos

Sure- you can change the label in Network Atlas to any number of variables. ${Status} or ${Rate} would be most common for UnDP. Hover-overs are also customizable. The Network Atlas admin guide has some further examples: http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/orion/docs/OrionNetworkAtlasAdminGuide.pdf

The current version of this doc for v12.0 doesn't carry any examples, full stop.

0 Kudos
Level 17

In 10.6 we did introduce the ability to use Universal Device Pollers (UnDP) as objects on Network Atlas maps. In regards to the connection utilization information, this ability is native in the 10.7 beta: NPM 10.7 Beta 1 Available