cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Custom Mib - converting Raw Value

Hi all,

Any way of converting the raw value returned - e.g. I'm monitoring APC rack Pdu and can get the current draw value in tenths of amps - i get 68.

I'd like to multiply this by ten to display 6.8 - can this be done?

Thanks

Stephen
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

You might want to read this entire thread.

http://www4.solarwinds.net/SolarWindsForum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3180

0 Kudos

What thread is there for converting a MIB value?  The link supplied just leads me back to the forum start page.

Thanks,   

0 Kudos

Try to use ${CustomPollerStatus.RawStatus}

0 Kudos

Hi there, where do you apply ${CustomPollerStatus.RawStatus} though? I'm a newbie and also need to show a custome Mib as 21.87 degrees and not 2187 to the gauge? I also need Solarwinds to add Avtechs 24e Mib to the Mib.cfg?

Thanks

0 Kudos

We have the same need, newer MGE ups mgt cards reports remaining battery time in seconds, would really like to have that shown as minutes. This also applies for a lot of other stuff, would be great if this functionality was in the next version ?

0 Kudos

How are you getting the value for the UPS battery time back. I'm getting everything bar that - the only one we need! APC UPS 3000RM units.

0 Kudos

I suppose I'll reply, since I don't think anyone else has really hit the nail on the head. 🙂

The ability to complete mathematical functions for custom poller graphs is not available in Orion 8.5. Denny might be able to shed some light on whether of not this feature will be available in 9, as I cannot recall a previous post verifying this.

In the interim, there is a useful feature in 8.5 that I've taken advantage of. If you have systems that report in tenths of (insert your variable here), you can use a custom legend to alter the appearance of the guage. Impressively enough, this will make your guage or graph appear correctly, even though the data it's receiving is different.

I know this isn't the best solution we could ask for, but I've found it very useful for my Dell servers temperature guages and my APC UPS's as well.

Best of luck, Cheers!

0 Kudos

The ability to complete mathematical functions for custom poller graphs is not available in Orion 8.5. Denny might be able to shed some light on whether of not this feature will be available in 9, as I cannot recall a previous post verifying this.

Yes, in v9.0, you will be able to combine data from one or more pollers into a new value that is stored in the database.

0 Kudos

Thanks Mark for the response.

I want to be able to take the raw value from a custom poller that is displayed on the website and divide it by 100 and then times it by the Volts of the circuit so I can see the current amounts of Watts being used.  Does this make sense?   

0 Kudos