cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Custom Map for Specific User

I created a custom view for a specific user (say Marketing) that can only see specific nodes (through Account Limitations).  When Marketing logs in I created a custom view (Marketing View) that allows him to see what I want him to see (so far so good).  My issue is I created a special Map for Marketing (using Network Atlas) but I dont know how to select that map for his custom view.  How do I select the special Map for Marketing for this custom view?

Thanks,

Tim

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

You said you have a custom view - meaning a unique page you created and set as say the accounts home or summary page? Can you not simply select the map you want by editing the map resource?

If you are using the same page for everyone and want a unique map to show for just this user it's not so easy - you'd be better off doing a unique page.

Bluefunelmental,

Thanks for the reply.  I did create a custom view, I guess I cant figure out how to change the default map.  If I select 'Manage Views' and select 'Marketing' -> Edit I get this screen: 

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 7.42.23 AM.png

As you can see the only option I have is 'Map'.  The problem is I have created a couple of maps in network atlas and it always defaults to the wrong one.  How can I specify the custom Marketing map I created using Network Atlas?

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Sure - click done and go to this page, find your map resource and click the edit button in the top right corner.

From there you should be presented with a list of maps to choose from?

0 Kudos

Bluefunelmental,

That will work great.  The problem is when I log in (I'm not a member of marketing I'm a member of ITS) it defaults to the Marketing map and I will have to change it back to my default map (ITS).   Then when Marketing logs in they will see my map (ITS) and will have to change it back to Marketing, and so on, and so on.  Does that make sense?

Plus to enable Marketing to change their map I have to "Allow Account to Customize Views" under their account which I would rather not do. 

I hope this is clear.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

You have wrapped up your riddle into a quandary.

To have dynamic maps you need to use a group details page, then set the map resource to use the ${caption} selection, and name your maps to match the name of which ever group you want such as Marketing. However, while it would be a single page with a dynamic map I know of no way to make it the Home Page View and have it choose the right group.

So the way I do it is to create a new Summary page for each unique user group I need, set their account Home Page Views to the unique pages, and add a custom admin home menu bar for me with all of the summary pages so that I can check them now and again as well as update all in a row if I want to add a resource or such. Works for 6 pages for me but it's a pain.

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 9.19.33 AM.png

0 Kudos