This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom MIB poller & Map Graphic association

Awrighty, here's my dilemma:

I have installed & admin a Meru Networks wireless access point controller that can control up to 30 access points. I have it in, working, etc. and I have setup custom pollers for the operational status of each individual access point, however, what I don't have is a way of turning that operational status into a graphic map so I can show graphically whether or not each individual AP is up or down.

I set up the Custom MIB poller as "Raw Value" "True/False" (because the "operational status" showed No Data for some odd reason, but I didn't test it ultra-thoroughly) and I can see under the Node page for the Meru controller that all the APs show True for the operational status.

How can I turn that True/False value into a Green/Red graphic on a map so I can quickly see if there's issues without going to the controller node page? (I actually have several Meru controllers to monitor, and don't want to have to click on each page in turn to get status.)

=-=-=  I hate to mention this, but IIRC (there was only very brief testing on this)  the firmware that originally came with the controller (3.1.4-33) SolarWinds "knew" all of the access point interfaces and would monitor them directly from the SNMP settings on the controller. When I upgraded to 3.4-109, now it only shows one ethernet interface (odd, as all the controllers I've seen have 2 ethernet ports right on the box) and nothing else, so I have to set up custom MIBs for everything.  Is this something that maybe you need new MIB files for reference, and if so, would you like me to send them to you? I do have access to them.  [[ I tried grokking them, didn't get very far, and gave up rather quickly as they wouldn't do me much good anyhow. emoticons_wink.png ]]

Thanks!

Roger "Merch" Merchberger