This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Creating an Alert Help

Hi,

We have a bunch of 4G routers that I need to create an alert for high usage we also need to include the spot usage in the alert.

So far I have the alert working  - based on just the Celluar Interface  however I cannot include the Transmit/Receive count in a meaningful way.

I have included Inbps and Outbps but that only returns the numbers in raw format.

Is there a way I can return them in a meaningful way such as "Transmit 1.9 Mbps" ?? 

This message was brought to you by the alert named: 4G Only Router Usage Excessive

• Try this

${SQL:Select '${your variable}'/1000000}

e,g,

${SQL:Select '${N=Alerting;M=Downtime}'/1440} - shows how many days node was down.

• So there is a format function to convert raw bps to a more friendly display, but for some reason it doesn't show up in the gui for all the interfaces variables where you would want it. It does work if you just manually set the format though. The way I always worked around it was to hit the insert variable button and find interface bandwidth, check the box and you'll get an option that says something to the effect of format output with a list of conversions it will do. Pick the bandwidth one and it concats a bit into the end of the variable, I think it's like ;f=bandwidth or similar. In any case once you see the syntax to use you can just copy it into your bps variables and the alerts will convert the units from bps to m/g or whatever is appropriate.
  • Hi

Rather very annoyingly I'm not presented with any options under the "format output" all that shows is "original format" , so not sure if this is a bug or something that needs  configuring somewhere else first ?

• This is what it looks like on mine

mesverrum_0-1584569699152.png

which I smashed together to get

${N=SwisEntity;M=Outbps;F=Bandwidth}