This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Creating a new table for longer storage of certain hourly and daily stats for nodes and interfaces

Hello:

We have maybe 30 -50 interfaces that are designated as needing longer term storage of hourly and daily stats that the default times.

For instance. If we know a certain nodeID or intreface ID I see the hourly tables.. those are pretty straightforward

but the daily tables. i see one for each week.. but the weeks go past the current day and are not populated in the most recent 

3 tables.

Where are the daily stat being kept for example .. 2 days ago?

I appreciate your help and viewing Capture.PNG

• The raw data is stored in the InterfaceTraffic_Details_x tables.

When the raw data is summarised into hourly (after 7 days by default), it goes into the InterfaceTraffic_Hourly_x tables. 

When the hourly data is summarised into daily (after 30 days by default), it goes into the InterfaceTraffic_Daily_x tables.

So you won't have any daily data statistics newer than 30 days, or hourly statistics newer than 7 days.

There are some views that combine all the data from the tables:

• InterfaceTraffic_Detail (view) - all the detail tables
    • InterfaceTraffic_Hourly (view) - all the hourly tables
    • InterfaceTraffic_Daily (view) - all the daily tables
    • InterfaceTraffic (view) - ALL of the interface traffic tables
  • Is this still accurate as of 2020.2? We upgraded at the beginning of the month and we noticed that InterfaceTraffic_Details only contains data older than the time of the upgrade. It was being used by another team to extract data, store it to a data warehouse to be used for long-term reports.