This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Creating a new job in Orion Report Scheduler

Hello everyone!

Im running into an issue with creating scheduled reports. When I open up the Orion Report Scheduler and click create new job or add it gives me the following message "Cannot write to the Windows Tasks folder. Please ensure that your user account has write permissions to the Tasks folder (usually 'C:\Windows\Tasks')." I checked the permissions on the tasks folder and I have full access and the Network Service account has full access. The read only option is checked off on the properties and will not allow me to uncheck it. No its to my understanding that this folder is locked down by the OS by default to prevent security holes. I found a way to remove the permission but its going through command line and im not comfortable doing this on a production server. Any and all insight would be much appreciated.

Specs:
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 Bit SP1

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

First check if you can create a Scheduled Task outside of Report Scheduler. If this works then I'd log a ticket with Support as the issue is with Orion.

The other possibility is that the issue is on the Windows side. Check passwords and permissions...Disabling UAC is one thing to check...also try logging in as local administrator to see if the still occurs.

Some more ideas here