cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

Create report of nodes on each poller?

Jump to solution

In our environment, we have two polling engines. We would like to create and print a report listing all nodes on each polling engine. I can't find a way to do this.

My attempts to create a custom report have resulted in a report listing just my nodes, a report listing just my polling engines, and a report listing my polling engines with a count of nodes on each one. What I need is (ideally) a report listing my polling engines with a list of nodes on each one, or (alternately) a report listing all my nodes with the polling engine identified for each one.

Is this possible, and if so, could someone please tell me exactly how to accomplish it?

Thanks so much!

~Terry

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 11

Hi

I added some more detail to the SQL, not sure if this is useful to anyone else.

select e.ServerName, n.Caption, n.IP_Address, n.statcollection, n.rediscoveryinterval, n.nodeid, n.pollInterval, n.nextpoll, n.nextrediscovery, n.lastsync
from nodes n join Engines e on n.EngineID=e.EngineID
order by e.ServerName

Kind Regards

James

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 17

please download the report on the content exchange HERE

or here is the URL: 

Let me know if you need a tweak.

Level 13

Thanks Larry, that worked perfectly! Was this something I should have been able to create in the wizard, or did it require a SQL query?

Thanks,
~Terry

0 Kudos
Level 17

I think this has to be done with custom SQL, based on what you wanted...because you have to join the two tables to get the poller name.

If you just wanted a report that had nodes assigned  to the engineID, you could do it via gui as the nodes table has that assignment in there.  But, then, that's not very user friendly 🙂

Take a look at the SQL code and you'll see the format for a table join.

anyways, glad it worked for you.

0 Kudos
Level 10
Thanks Larry! I failed to mention the NodeID field. This report can actually be done without the custom SQL code. I recreated it just by picking the three defined fields of ServerName, NodeId and NodeName in that order. I get the same report now as the SQL code Larry recommended. Sorry for the misdirection Terry.
0 Kudos
Level 11

Hi

I added some more detail to the SQL, not sure if this is useful to anyone else.

select e.ServerName, n.Caption, n.IP_Address, n.statcollection, n.rediscoveryinterval, n.nodeid, n.pollInterval, n.nextpoll, n.nextrediscovery, n.lastsync
from nodes n join Engines e on n.EngineID=e.EngineID
order by e.ServerName

Kind Regards

James

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 10
In Report Writer under the Select Fields tab, add field and choose Network Nodes;Node Details;Node Name.
Add another field select Polling Engines;Server Details; Server Name. In the design you can choose to group by Server Name or have the report list the poller next to each node. I only have one poller that I tested with but I believe it would work in a two poller enviroment.
0 Kudos
Level 13

Hi Troy. Thanks for taking the time to offer an answer. I did try this, but unfortunately that did not work for me. When I tried that, it gave me only the pollers, and not the nodes assigned to them.

0 Kudos