This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Create a single alert to notify on CPU,Memory,Response Time, Node status

Hi

Is it possible to create a single alert for CPU/Memory Utilization, Node Status UP/Down, Disk Volume, Response Time etc., and then send an email notifying the user of the exact problem.

This could help in reducing the number of individual alerts i have to create separately for a nodes CPU/ Memory utilization, disk usage, etc.,

I have more than 100 groups and i don't want to create separate 4 or 5 alerts on cpu,memory ,response, etc.,  for each group or group member.

• I don't currently have this configured, but it might work for you:

pastedImage_1.png

With the following trigger actions, you may have to play around with the variables to get the exact issue.

pastedImage_2.png

• Can you please help me with variables as i am not able to get the exact message to be displayed. In the example above it should send alert email based on the trigger condition. For example Node is down  or CPU utilization is high

• After creating trigger condition as shown above, you can use the below variables,

SEVERITY ====>       ${N=Alerting;M=Severity}

ENTITY NAME ===>   ${N=SwisEntity;M=Caption}

ALERT NAME(use a generic name for simplicity, only node name with issue like that)  ====>  ${N=Alerting;M=AlertName}

DESCRIPTION (here actual event message will come) ====>   ${N=Alerting;M=AlertMessage}

TIME(and lastly) =====>   ${N=Alerting;M=AlertTriggerTime;F=DateTime}

you can also use some more variable like IP_Address, Location (Custom property one if created), etc,etc Bla Bla...