cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Create a chart with multiple UnDP's graphed

Jump to solution

I am an I.T. student and my current project from my employer is to 'enhance' the Orion Web View.

We use a Geist Watchdog 100 and I have the MIB and have created a 4 Universal Pollers using the OID's.

This is to keep an eye on room temperature, AC temperature, front of rack temperature and back of rack temperature (the locations of the temperature sensors).

I have the pollers made and have changed the output from 216 degrees to 21.6 degrees (Celsius).

I can create a single custom chart to view one of the temperatures, so I would have 4 different charts that way.

Is there any way I can put all 4 UnDP's on one chart for a single node, to see the temperature of all sensors, at one time, with say different colours for each UnDP?

EDIT:

I should add that it needs to be on the home page rather than the node information page (if that's possible).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 8

I have found an Answer to my question. I had to use a Custom Object Resource, select Universal Device Poller Custom Chart. When editing that, under the left Y-axis, I had to option to add multiple UnDP's.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Level 8

I have found an Answer to my question. I had to use a Custom Object Resource, select Universal Device Poller Custom Chart. When editing that, under the left Y-axis, I had to option to add multiple UnDP's.

View solution in original post

Where/How did you find Universal Device Poller Custom Chart? I don't get that option.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

chrisputer In the drop down menu in your screenshot, select Node. After that, you can select an object. Once that is done, a new drop down menu will appear below. Open that and in the U's, you can find "Universal Device Poller Chart". Then you can edit the Chart and add all the pollers you want on that chart.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

See, I'm not being presented with what you're showing me... after I got all my nodes selected, this is what I get.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

Okay... if I only select one node, then I get what I want. But what I'm trying to do is get a "summed" from all the nodes and a single UnDP/OID. I cannot figure out how to get that to work.

0 Kudos

This is probably too late, but there is a resource called "Multiple Universal Device Pollers Chart".  This is designed to do match on one UnDP that is on multiple nodes.

Multiple Universal Device Pollers Chart
On a single chart:
Graph and sum the results of a single Universal Device Poller for multiple nodes
Graph the results of any single Universal Device Poller for any single node

0 Kudos

I see the issue for you. I am able to do it this way because I am only using one object. You are using multiple objects. The object I am using has 4 pollers. I get the same screen you get when I select a second object. So my charts consist of one object with multiple pollers assigned to that object. Try doing it that way for all your objects (you having that many, seems like a lot more work)

0 Kudos

It's not under the Custom Object Resource dropdown, search for just "Universal Device Poller Custom Chart" when adding a widget.

I was working on a similar issue and this pointed me in the right direction.

MVP
MVP

This does not address the color part of your request, but try this: https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Set-up-a-multi-column-table-with-custom-devic...

PerfStack has color functionality built in:  Troubleshooting environmental issues with Performance Analysis dashboards

0 Kudos

While I have looked into this, I guess I should add that it needs to be on the home page rather than the node information page (if that's possible).

This article has helped with other things I needed though, so thank you.