This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Create a Custom View in the Web Interface and Assign it to a Specified User Account

Is it possible to create a custom view (i.e. I want to take the Network Summary Page but remove a lot of the content), and assign it to a specified user account? I know that I can modify the "Network Summary Page" itself to display the info I want, but this would change it for all users. I want to create a very limited Network Summary Page, and assign it to the Guest account. Is this possible?

Jon

• Yes, it is.  Create a brand new view with whatever you want on it, different from the Network Summary home view.  When creating the guest account, for the Home Page view in that accounts setting, just specify the newly created page.

• Thank you, I was able to figure out how to do this, but I have run into one issue. I assigned the Network Map object to their view, but I can't figure out how to set the appropriate map to the "Network Map" object. The Guest account does not have rights to edit the object. Do I need to elevate the Guest account, edit the Network Map object, and then reset Guest's permissions, or can I set the map with my admin account? If So, how do I go about doing that?

Jon

• Jon,

If you log in as admin, go to the Admin page and go to Manage Views, you can select the view you created and click the edit button.  At the bottom of the page next to the Done button should be a Preview button.  That will bring up the view in a seperate browser.  You will see that view as the admin account.  You should have edit buttons for your map resource where you can specify the map you want to use.  Once you've done that, you can go back to the customize page and click done.  Hope this helps.

• Does that also apply fo rthe network map?  I tried this and when I created a new view, assigned to a user, and added a map for that specific user.  When I log in as admin I see the map that I created for that user not the one that I have created for the admin.