cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Create Dynamic real-time monitoring

I request to create alerts or graphics using the deviation from normal algorithm using historical data to establish a baseline for what is normal behavior for your business.

The algorithm gradually adjusts normal thresholds based on therolling average over the previous six weeks, to reflect the dynamic changing state of thebusiness.

Automatically determining the natural cycles of the traffic bandwidth in the Interface.  Other monitors system  have that feature.  

8 Replies
Level 7

My vote for this.

0 Kudos

Count me too! Please include this feature in the next release.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I am throwing my vote in. I will need this very soon.

0 Kudos

We would really like this as well.

0 Kudos

Same here.  Auto adjusting baselines is where it's at.  In a previous life we had this (http://www.netiq.com/products/am/modules/performanceprofiler.asp) which did just that.

I do hope SW gets there quickly 🙂

0 Kudos

i hope no need to wait 🙂

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Makes complete sense.  This is something we have on our list we would like to add in the future.

0 Kudos

Another vote for this one. We reallllly need this feature. One of our business units is embarassing us with the ability to alert on issues like "Response Time outside all baselines for x minutes". It would also be handy for detecting path changes in provider networks. If the site suddenly jumps from 200-280 ms and stays there for x minutes, send an alert. However if it gradually increased over time the alert wouldn't pop. The latter should show on our trend reports. The key to make this work is to be able to trigger after x% change in the measurement. Flat numbers won't be of much help for our global network as we monitor things with as little as 1-2ms to as much as 350ms. Having the local lan jump and stay at a number that is even 10ms higher could be critical while on the long haul circut, I don't really care about that same variation.

0 Kudos