This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Counters gone wild

Seems that Orion has issues with a particular interface on one particular device (FortiGate). The graph is OK, but the percentage under Interface Details seems somewhat high...

• Hi btp,

Could you run the following queries and share your results?

SELECT *  FROM InterfaceTraffic_Detail
    WHERE InterfaceID=X AND DateTime BETWEEN '2009-06-21 23:59:00.000' and getdate()

You need to change the X in: InterfaceID = X

by the Interface ID, you can find it in the URL when you are on the interface view.

Then run the following query:

SELECT * FROM Interfaces

WHERE InterfaceID = X

Export the results in a CSV file. You can use Database Manager to run the queries and export results.

Start > All programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Database Manager.

It could be due to a counter rollover or a malformed stat retrieved from the device. The results should give us further information.

Thanks,

Yann

• No solution here yet?

• Hi btp,

I reviewed the stats gathered for this interface but I cannot find any entry that would explain the issue.

Do you have the issue on one or multiple interfaces?

Is the issue always there or is it only from time to time you see a Petabps value for the current utilization?

You can run the "Current Percent Utilization - Top 25 Interfaces" report to detect such interfaces. It is installed by default in Report Writer.

It could be relevant to open a support ticket so that you might arrange a gotomeeting and let a Tech representative check stats directly in the DB.

Thanks,

Yann

• The problem comes and goes. It applies to several interfaces on the unit. I'd be happy to join a webmeeting.