This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Controlling Devices

Is there a way to control devices in the private community in NPM? I don't see a place to enter the private password when adding the devices.

• When adding a node, there's an option for the Read/Write Community String - that would be your private SNMP string.  You're really going to get the added benefit if you've got NCM as well so you're able to push changes to your devices/nodes.  If you're using SNMPv3, choose that option from the drop down in the same section and enter in the necessary username/password information.

See screenshots below:

SNMPv2c

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 8.48.59 AM.png

SNMPv3

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 8.51.48 AM.png

• I've seen this section however I have a password for my read/write community and I don't see a place to enter this information.

• What version of SNMP are you using and what device type and manufacturer is it?

• I am trying to set a control on a Packetflux site monitor. It is using SNMPV1. I can manually log into the device and set the control but would love to be able to do it from Solarwinds. Any help would be appreciated. I can see other info on the device like temperature and voltage by creating a poller that looks directly at the OID for that but I don't see a place to enter the password for the read/write community (private) and I have to send the info to the unit with that community string for it to actually write the value to the control relay. Or so I think that's what I have to do. Anyway I can't add the private community into Solarwinds and get a good test back when I try to address the unit. I can manually log into it by navigating to it in my browser and the logging into the private community. Once there I can set the control but Ieally would rather not have to open another browser window and log into the device if Ii could do it through Solarwinds.