This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Confusion over yellow triangle with exclamation point

Hello!

Some admins have asked me about this behavior a few times.

They see the yellow triangle and get spooked.

Then they drill down a level and see all green.

Is this expected behavior or would the user need to drill down farther to see what the yellow triangle is complaining about? Or maybe the top level hasn't refreshed yet?

SolarWinds.png

• What resource is this exactly? It looks like it might be SAM's 'All Applications' resource grouped by node.

• This is on our Orion Summary Home page, <URL>/Orion/SummaryView.aspx?ViewID=1

It's the default view we have set up when people hit our SolarWinds URL.

The resource she is talking about says All Servers. It looks like the only info on the Orion Summary page we have is hardware health and general up/down status monitoring.

I mainly handle SAM items, and SAM folks usually looking at their custom application monitor views or looking at the SAM Summary.

So if you drill down, you just see server names with status.

Region >

Site >

nodename1

nodename2

nodename3

etc.

The tree stops on the node name.

• There appears to be an expander next to the node name. What happens when you click the one to the left of 'root.local'?

• Those are all domains. Under that level it has all of the nodes but it stops there.

Everything is green now including the top level so I can't check now.

I guess my question is, if that yellow triangle is there, should I expect to see a yellow triangle on that next level down? I assume the answer is yes and this was just an issue where something refreshes out of sync maybe.