This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Configure SOAP Application to send SMS Alert

Hi guys,

We want to send an SMS alers using a SOAP based application. But i am unable to use it. Can anyone help me out here that how can i configure the Action in an alert to send an SMS Alert using SOAP based application. Below are the parameters that are required to send an SMS sucessfully.

Mobile Number:

Service Provider:

Module: BNMS

How can these parameters be passed in an action while configuring an alert using SOAP application through HTTP Post.

Best Regards.

• Hi, Fazl -

If I understand correctly, you do not need to write a separate application to accomplish this.  There is a third-party application, NotePager Pro, that will communicate via SMS and configures easily and integrates with NPM nicely. It is not expensive, either.  Check it out here: SMS Messages Anywhere, at Any Time

By the way, I do not work for NotePage, but I've used their software for years.

Ken

• Hi ken,

Thanks for your response, the thing is, our client is already running an SMS application in their environment, which is used to send SMS for different purposes, they want to use the same application to send solarwinds alerts via SMS, they are not going to purchase another product to achieve what they can from their existing product.

If someone is using a SOAP application, which works on HTTP Post, kindly share with me, how the parameters will be passed in the Add Action in an Alert.

Thanks & Regards.

• Hi, Fazl –

Not to belabor the point, but you’re going to spend hours trying to make it work with SOAP when you could instead spend $40.00 US and have it working in a few minutes.

Good luck!

Ken

Kenneth W. Cohen

Network Analyst

Global Technical Services, IT

Office: 470-448-5870

Mobile: 678-428-9875

kenneth.cohen@hyh.com<mailto:kenneth.cohen@hyh.com>

Halyardhealth.com

attachments.zip