cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Configuration wizard stuck on importing Alerts

Hi,

I was trying to install NPM, SAM, IPAM 2019 . Installation went perfect. However, I am facing issues while running configuration wizard post installation. It seems like the configuration wizard got hang at "Importing alerts". Please assist if anyone else is facing this problem or if there's solution for this thing. I have gone through configuration wizard log and found that it seems executing the same query again and again, not moving forward. I am attaching that query log and screenshot. Please help at the earliest.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 16

Do the following

Edit the Following Table Engine table, VOIP Engine table, and Orion Server table to clear the entry name for the Main Poller

0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

Do you have a query! Because its still not helping out. Its a fresh install and I am stuck at the same thing.

Usually how long it takes to complete this "Importing Alerts" in configuration wizard. I am waiting since more than 2 hours.

0 Kudos

This is resolved now. Seems like a sql deadlock. When I tried running again, I was able to login to my web console.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi, i am having the same problem. Are you saying you cancelled the configuration wizard and started it again before it started working? i have done that once already but i still get stuck at importing alerts

0 Kudos

Hi @oreoluwa ,

It matters with system configuration as well. I tried with system of 16GB RAM and it worked perfectly.

Please refer article : https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/Success_Center/NPM/Content/System_Requirements/NPM_12-5_syst... for software/hardware requirements.

0 Kudos

I have the same problems for 2 days...

I tried different windows server OS and differents Solarwinds installer. Also differents SQL.

Always configuration wizards FREEZE in <<importing alerts>>

A software installer of 4GB fail before start using it, means a s h i t piece of software

Goodbye

0 Kudos

Hi @salrm  ,

It matters with system configuration as well. I tried with system of 16GB RAM and it worked perfectly.

Please refer article : https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/Success_Center/NPM/Content/System_Requirements/NPM_12-5_syst... software/hardware requirements.

Thank you.

0 Kudos