cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Configuration message bus failed to setup RabbitMQ for Orion after installing NPM 2020

Hi,

I received the message on the screen shot below. Orion configuration wizard failed, configuratrion message bus failed to setup RabbitMQ for Orion.

This is a fresh installation on a new server, I have enabled Messages Queus prior installation. I rebuilt the server and start a new installation but I got the same message.

I followed many articles in Solarwinds support site and THWACK but that didn't help me.

Any additional ideas would be greatly appreciated 

2020-07-22 11_42_03-SWMS01 - Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7.png 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MVP
MVP

You can try to rebuild RabbitMQ manually from here:

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Full-RabbitMQ-Reset-in-Orion-Platform-product...

Edit: Run these commands in a Command Prompt with Admin  (and also run the Config Wizard with Run as Administrator)

0 Kudos

@alamubarak Does the ConfigurationWizard.log located in C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\Orion provide any more detail for the error?>

0 Kudos

Hi

@christopher.t.jones123 

Configuration wizard located in D drive 

D:\Program Files\Solarwinds

I installed Orion on drive D

I tried to to gather more info for the error, I followed direction in the link below but couldn't find it

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Examining-log-files-after-an-installation-fai...

0 Kudos

@alamubarak the installation directory is on D but the log files are going to be located in the directory I provided. 

Also the logs for RabbitMQ are located in C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Orion\RabbitMQ\log looking at that log may shed more light as to the failure.

0 Kudos

@christopher.t.jones123 

I see access denied to "rabbitmq-service.bat"

I installed Orion with AD admin account and a local admin account.

Could be that the reason for denied access?

2020-07-23 12:21:05,426 [8] TRACE ConnectionStringProvider - Going to parse connection string...
2020-07-23 12:21:05,432 [31] ERROR RabbitManager - Unexpected output of command: stop
System.InvalidOperationException: Service RabbitMQ was not found on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateNames()
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_ServiceName()
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateStatus()
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_Status()
at SolarWinds.MessageBus.RabbitMQ.RabbitManager.IsSuccess(Results results, String command)
2020-07-23 12:21:05,456 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Key workstation id.
2020-07-23 12:21:05,457 [31] ERROR MessageBusConfigurator - Failed to configure RabbitMQ for Orion. Configuration cannot proceed.
System.Exception: An error occurred in 'rabbitmq-service.bat'. Access is denied.

at SolarWinds.MessageBus.RabbitMQ.RabbitManager.RunRabbitBat(String batFileName, Func`2 outputLogFilter, String[] args)
at SolarWinds.MessageBus.RabbitMQ.RabbitManager.ServiceControl(ServiceAction action, Boolean useForceBootIfNeeded)
at SolarWinds.MessageBus.RabbitMQ.RabbitManager.EditConfig(Action`1 edit)
at SolarWinds.ConfigurationWizard.Plugin.Orion.MessageBus.MessageBusConfigurator.SetRabbitConfiguration(String certPath, Boolean fipsEnabled)
at SolarWinds.ConfigurationWizard.Plugin.Orion.MessageBus.MessageBusConfigurator.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<ConfigureMessageBusAsServer>b__0()
at SolarWinds.ConfigurationWizard.Plugin.Orion.MessageBus.MessageBusConfigurator.SafeCall(Action action, Action`1 onErrorAction)
2020-07-23 12:21:05,458 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Key tag with column collation when possible.
2020-07-23 12:21:05,459 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Add key tag with column collation when possible.
2020-07-23 12:21:05,460 [31] TRACE TaskAdapter - [Orion.MessageBus.MessageBusConfigurator | Configuring message bus] Waiting for lock to set Failed state.
2020-07-23 12:21:05,461 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Add key encrypt.
2020-07-23 12:21:05,463 [31] INFO TaskAdapter - Finished task Orion.MessageBus.MessageBusConfigurator Configuring message bus [00:00:00.7856284].
2020-07-23 12:21:05,463 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Add key trustservercertificate.
2020-07-23 12:21:05,464 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Value:True.
2020-07-23 12:21:05,465 [1] DEBUG ConfigurationProgressScene - Setting lblDescription to Checking FIPS 140-2 state in Orion FINISHED
Updating discovery profiles 0.0%
Updating website configuration file 0.0%
Configuring message bus FAILED

2020-07-23 12:21:05,466 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Value:SolarWindsOrionDatabaseUser.
2020-07-23 12:21:05,467 [31] INFO ExecutionEngine - Waiting for tasks to complete before aborting run:

0 Kudos

@alamubarak I would recommend opening a support ticket if you haven't already, as well as ensure that you run the configuration wizard as admin as @shuth mentioned, run the Orion permissions checker and repair any failures, disable UAC, and ensure that AV exclusions are in place. 

0 Kudos

Hi @christopher.t.jones123 @shuth 

Thank you so much for your suggestion, I completed the installation successfully, engaged security team and they found that AV was blocking RabbitMQ and other service.

0 Kudos