This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Configuration message bus failed to setup RabbitMQ for Orion after installing NPM 2020

Hi,

I received the message on the screen shot below. Orion configuration wizard failed, configuratrion message bus failed to setup RabbitMQ for Orion.

This is a fresh installation on a new server, I have enabled Messages Queus prior installation. I rebuilt the server and start a new installation but I got the same message.

I followed many articles in Solarwinds support site and THWACK but that didn't help me.

Any additional ideas would be greatly appreciated 

2020-07-22 11_42_03-SWMS01 - Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7.png 

•  Does the ConfigurationWizard.log located in C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\Orion provide any more detail for the error?>

• Hi

Configuration wizard located in D drive 

D:\Program Files\Solarwinds

I installed Orion on drive D

I tried to to gather more info for the error, I followed direction in the link below but couldn't find it

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Examining-log-files-after-an-installation-fails?language=en_US

•  the installation directory is on D but the log files are going to be located in the directory I provided. 

Also the logs for RabbitMQ are located in C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Orion\RabbitMQ\log looking at that log may shed more light as to the failure.

•  

I see access denied to "rabbitmq-service.bat"

I installed Orion with AD admin account and a local admin account.

Could be that the reason for denied access?

2020-07-23 12:21:05,426 [8] TRACE ConnectionStringProvider - Going to parse connection string...
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,432 [31] ERROR RabbitManager - Unexpected output of command: stop
    System.InvalidOperationException: Service RabbitMQ was not found on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateNames()
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_ServiceName()
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateStatus()
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_Status()
    at SolarWinds.MessageBus.RabbitMQ.RabbitManager.IsSuccess(Results results, String command)
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,456 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Key workstation id.
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,457 [31] ERROR MessageBusConfigurator - Failed to configure RabbitMQ for Orion. Configuration cannot proceed.
    System.Exception: An error occurred in 'rabbitmq-service.bat'. Access is denied.

at SolarWinds.MessageBus.RabbitMQ.RabbitManager.RunRabbitBat(String batFileName, Func`2 outputLogFilter, String[] args)
    at SolarWinds.MessageBus.RabbitMQ.RabbitManager.ServiceControl(ServiceAction action, Boolean useForceBootIfNeeded)
    at SolarWinds.MessageBus.RabbitMQ.RabbitManager.EditConfig(Action`1 edit)
    at SolarWinds.ConfigurationWizard.Plugin.Orion.MessageBus.MessageBusConfigurator.SetRabbitConfiguration(String certPath, Boolean fipsEnabled)
    at SolarWinds.ConfigurationWizard.Plugin.Orion.MessageBus.MessageBusConfigurator.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<ConfigureMessageBusAsServer>b__0()
    at SolarWinds.ConfigurationWizard.Plugin.Orion.MessageBus.MessageBusConfigurator.SafeCall(Action action, Action`1 onErrorAction)
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,458 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Key tag with column collation when possible.
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,459 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Add key tag with column collation when possible.
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,460 [31] TRACE TaskAdapter - [Orion.MessageBus.MessageBusConfigurator | Configuring message bus] Waiting for lock to set Failed state.
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,461 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Add key encrypt.
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,463 [31] INFO TaskAdapter - Finished task Orion.MessageBus.MessageBusConfigurator Configuring message bus [00:00:00.7856284].
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,463 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Add key trustservercertificate.
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,464 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Value:True.
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,465 [1] DEBUG ConfigurationProgressScene - Setting lblDescription to Checking FIPS 140-2 state in Orion FINISHED
    Updating discovery profiles 0.0%
    Updating website configuration file 0.0%
    Configuring message bus FAILED

2020-07-23 12:21:05,466 [8] VERBOSE EncryptedConnectionString - Value:SolarWindsOrionDatabaseUser.
    2020-07-23 12:21:05,467 [31] INFO ExecutionEngine - Waiting for tasks to complete before aborting run:

• You can try to rebuild RabbitMQ manually from here:

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Full-RabbitMQ-Reset-in-Orion-Platform-products?language=en_US

Edit: Run these commands in a Command Prompt with Admin  (and also run the Config Wizard with Run as Administrator)

•  I would recommend opening a support ticket if you haven't already, as well as ensure that you run the configuration wizard as admin as  mentioned, run the Orion permissions checker and repair any failures, disable UAC, and ensure that AV exclusions are in place. 

• Hi   

Thank you so much for your suggestion, I completed the installation successfully, engaged security team and they found that AV was blocking RabbitMQ and other service.