This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Colour (color) changes for up/down devices?

I have had a search around for this in the forums but couldn't find anything so sorry if it has already been addresses just point me in the right direction.

We have a new user who is green/red colour blind so has trouble using the map views and red/green indicators on NPM - he has requested using yellow/blue or something else. I wasn't sure if this was possible and if it is can it be per user as everyone else is happy with red/green. An odd question but important from that users point of view.

Any help would be appreciated.

Z.

• I would be interested in this too since I am red/green color blind as well.

• You can replace the standard status icon graphics with your own versions, but:

- This change is global and affects all users.

- Your replacement graphics will be overwritten if you run the config wizard and update the website files.

The status icons are located in C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\images\StatusIcons

As a personal project, I was working with a colorblind friend of mine -- he is actually completely color blind, not just deficient... quite rare --  on a set of replacement status icons for NPM, but they're still a work in progress.

I lightened the greens and darkened the reds by a bunch. So people with regular vision still see red and green, but color-deficient will see light and dark/black.  In addition, I put symbols into the middle: an X for down, and a line through the middle for warning (to make your eye pause when you scan the page vertically).

I can post my 'beta' icon set if you'd like.

• Roger,

That does sound of interest. It's a shame the colours can't be on a per user basis as not everyone needs to have them changed - darker reds and lighter greens might work though. I appreciate your time/help with this request.

Z.

• Do you still have these icons, and would you be willing to share them?